Virtual Hope Kids - July 16, 2022
Share Your Faith
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Share Your Faith
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Spend time reading Acts 2:36-38 with your family.
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- What does everyone need to believe about who Jesus is? (v.36)
- What does it mean that the people were “cut to the heart” when they were reminded that they killed Jesus, the Lord and Christ? (v.37)
- When we learn who Jesus is, and that He was crucified for our sins, how does everyone need to respond? (v. 38)
- Who is the promise of the Holy Spirit for? (v.39)
Show God’s Word
- Have you ever seen a baptism? Check out this link to see some of the baptisms we have had at Hope Ottawa! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIHgb7NDmO4
- What is Baptism? (Hint: It’s for identification not salvation!)
- What should happen in our lives before we get baptized? (Hint: Acts 2:36-38; 8:12; 18:8)
- Why do we get baptized? (Matt. 3:13-17, Acts 2:38, Matt. 28:18-20)
Apply God’s Word
- What does baptism give us an opportunity to do?
- Are there other ways you can share your faith in Jesus? What are they?
- Is there someone in your life you can tell about Jesus? A friend? Family member? Write down the name of the person you would like to talk to about Jesus. Pray and ask God to help you share your faith with them this week!
- One of the greatest ways we can grow in our knowledge and obedience to God is to spend time with God in prayer and in reading His Word. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word in the wisdom He gives us! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need, to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize Romans 10:10 to remember that when we know who Jesus is– our Lord and Saviour, and we confess that He is our God we are saved! “For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.”
- When we choose to follow Jesus, God gives us His Holy Spirit to help us love and obey Him, but first we have to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. To have this, you must put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.
Have more questions about baptism?
Check our our Biblical Guide to Baptism under resources at https://hopeottawa.ca/baptism/