Virtual Hope Kids - July 02, 2022
Heart Vs. God
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Heart Vs. God
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Spend time reading Romans 7:7-25 with your family.
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- What does God’s law teach us? (v.7)
- When we are told not to do something do we want to obey or do we want to do it even more? (vv.8-9)
- Does sin (disobeying God’s laws) lead to life or death? (vv.9-10)
- Is God’s law good for us to follow? Why or why not? (v.12)
- Are we more likely to do what is good or to do what is bad and sin? (vv.15-20)
- What does this passage say the battle between what we know is good and actually doing what is good is like? (vv.21-24)
- Who helps us to win this battle? (v.25)
Show God’s Word
Sin= To miss God’s mark. Like when an arrow flies wide of the target’s bulls-eye, when we sin, we miss the mark of God’s righteousness. SIn includes anything we think or do that is against or breaks God’s law. God’s laws are all about how to love God and people. So when we sin we are not being loving; we go our own way instead of God’s way.
- When you don’t know what to do, who or where do you go to for help and advice?
- Can we trust our feelings and our heart to tell us what is right? What do these passages tell us?
- Jeremiah 17:9
- Matthew 15:19
- According to the video, what two things has God given us to glorify Him?
- His S _ _
- His L _ _
Apply God’s Word
- Our feelings are bad leaders- we can’t trust them to make good decisions! When we have to make a decision, what can we do and where should we go?
- When we follow our heart, we sin. Is there a sin you have done that you need to ask God for forgiveness for? What is it? Take some time now to pray, and ask God for forgiveness. Be sure to thank Him for giving His Son Jesus to us, so that we can ask for forgiveness for sin.
- One of the greatest ways we can grow understanding our sin and God’s grace is to spend time with God in prayer and in reading His Word. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word in the wisdom He gives us! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need, to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Romans 3:23 to remember that sin separates us from God, and we need to believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, to be able to glorify Him. “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
- We can be forgiven for the sin (bad things) we do and receive God’s grace when we know and believe in Jesus, but first we have to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. But, to have this, you must put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.