Virtual Hope Kids - January 8, 2022
Taking Care of the World
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read Genesis 2:4-23, then discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters in this passage?
- What was the earth like before God created man? (vv.5, 6)
- How did God make man? (v. 7)
- Where did God put man? What was this place like? (v.8-14)
- What job did God give man to do? (v.15)
- Did the man need help with his job? (v.18)
- Who did God give the man to help him? (vv. 21-23)
Show God’s Word
- Do you or someone you know have a pet? What kinds of things do you have to do to take care of a pet?
- God made the whole world and everything in it. What is the special job he gave to humans?
- Is there any creature with a more important job than man’s? What does it mean to have “dominion” over something? (Hint: Genesis 1:26)
Apply God’s Word
- We are called to take care of what God has given us– whether it is our bedrooms, backyards, or the forests and lakes around us. What do you find is easiest for you to take care of? Hardest?
- What can you and your family do to take care of the earth this week (like clean up garbage outside, turn your lights off when you don’t need them)? Take some time now to pray and ask God to show you how you and your family can help take care of His creation this week!
- One of the greatest ways we can learn about the things God has asked us to do (like taking care of His creation), is to read His Word. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize Genesis 1:28 to remember that God made everything on earth and in heaven, and He gave it to us to take care of. “And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
- In order to take care of God’s creation for His glory, we have to know and believe in His Son Jesus. To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.