Virtual Hope Kids - January 28, 2022
I Am Loved
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
I Am Loved
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading John 19:16b-27 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Take a look in your Bible at John 19:16b-27
- What is the title of this Bible section? What is Crucifixion?
- Why did Jesus allow Himself to be crucified (Hint: John 3:16!)
- Who was there when Jesus was being crucified? (v. 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26)
- Who was the disciple whom Jesus loved? (Hint: Video teaching from today!)
- What does Jesus mean when he tells Mary “Behold your son!” and he tells John “Behold your mother!” (vv. 26-27)
- What does this tell us about how Jesus loves his disciples? (vv.26-27)
Show God’s Word
Romans 5:8 says, “but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Have you ever done something bad, like sinned against a friend, a sibling, or a parent? Were you worried that they wouldn’t love you anymore because of what you did?
- What does Romans 5:8 tell us about Jesus’ love for us? Does he still love us when we sin?
- Read Jeremiah 31:3 and answer this: Does his love ever change? Is there anything you can do to make Jesus stop loving you?
Apply God’s Word
- How does Jesus show His love for us? Why is this loving? (Hint: Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- What are some ways you can show God your love for Him this week (ex- in your words, thoughts, actions)?
- Take time this week to memorize Romans 5:8 to help you remember God’s love for us. It says, “but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- We can love God by spending time with Him as we read His Word. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to grow in your love for God by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- We can love God, when we know who He is and what He has done for us. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.