Virtual Hope Kids - January 22, 2022
How to be Creative
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read Romans 12:3-8, then discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters in this passage?
- How are we supposed to think about ourselves? (v.3)
- Who or what is the “we” Paul is talking about in verse 4 and 5?
- Are all believers supposed to be able to do all of the same tasks in the church? (v.6)
- What are some of the gifts God gives His people? (vv.6-8)
Show God’s Word
- What is something creative you can do? What was it? (Dance? Make something out of lego? Cook?)
- God gives different gifts to the people in His church. Just like the human body has different parts that serve in different ways (Ie-head, feet, eyes, hands), Jesus has given each person in His Church a different gift to be able to serve it and see it built up for His glory! Why do you think it is important for the church to have people with different skills, talents, and gifts?
- Think about Hope Ottawa, and all the people you see serving on Saturdays. What are some of the different jobs you see? Does every person do the same job?
Apply God’s Word
- God made us in His image, that means we are like Him. Since God is the creator of all things, that means we share His creativity too. What are some gifts God has given you? If you can’t think of any, ask your parents, friends, or other trusted adults what gifts they see in you. (Hint: Read 1 Peter 4:10-11, Ephesians 4:11-16 to see the gifts God has given His Church).
- Take some time now to pray and ask God to show you how you can use the gifts He has given you to serve in His church. Praise God for giving you this gift. Take some time to confess and repent (turn from) of any times you have not used the gifts He gave you for His glory. Then ask God to show you how you can use the gifts He gave you in His church.
- One of the greatest ways we can learn about the gifts God gives to His people, is to read His Word. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Romans 12:6a to remind you that you have been given different gifts, by God’s grace, to be used for His glory “ Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them:”
- In order to use the gifts God has given us for His glory, we have to know and believe in His Son Jesus– who is our hope! To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
A_________ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God
C________ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.