Virtual Hope Kids - March 26, 2022
God's Family is United
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read Romans 14:1-11 then answer these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- How are older Christians supposed to treat newer Christians? (v.1)
- Why can Christians welcome other Christians with different beliefs about some things? (v.3)
- What are all Christians NOT supposed to do when they disagree with another Christian? (v4)
- What does verse 6 tell us about what should motivate our choices, even if they are different than another Christian?
- Why can we be unified with other Christians, even if we disagree on some things? (vv. 9)
Show God’s Word
- Have you ever disagreed with someone else? How did you solve the disagreement?
- When we become a Christian, we don’t automatically know everything about God. We learn for the rest of our lives what it means to love and follow Jesus. This is called Sanctification. God Sanctifies us. How does knowing that other Christians are still learning and growing change how you should treat another Christian who might not know the same things you do about God?
Sanctify (Sanctified)= Set apart. Used to describe the way something is set apart for special use. God saves His people, setting them apart for His special use-- God sanctifies those He saves. When we sin, we repent and God forgives us for Jesus’ sake. The Holy Spirit makes us grow to be more like Jesus. In this way, sanctification continues throughout our lives.
- God wants His church to be unified, together, and without separations or divisions. What do each of the following verses teach you about the unity God wants for His church?
- 1 Corinthians 1:10
- Acts 4:32
- Romans 14:19
- Colossians 3:13-14
Apply God’s Word
- Is there someone you don’t have unity with right now? Maybe your parents, siblings, or a friend? Romans 12:18 says, “If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.” Is there something you can do to bring back unity with this person? Maybe you need to apologize to them or forgive them if they have wronged you?
- Take some time now to pray and ask God to help you live in unity with other believers. Ask Him to show you where you need to forgive others or ask for forgiveness from someone else. Then Pray and ask God to protect His church from division and to keep us in unity.
- We can learn more about how to live in unity with others by reading the Bible. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize 1 Corinthians 1:10 to remind you that God wants his church to be united and together! “I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.”
- Have you ever made the decision to put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour? To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.