Virtual Hope Kids - March 19, 2022
Play a Part on God's Team
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-26 then answer these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- What does it mean that with Christ there is one body and many members? (vv.12, 14)
- Who belongs to the body of Christ? (v.13)
- Why is it important that the body has different parts that can do different things? (i.e., ears, eyes, nose) (vv.17)
- Why is each part of the body needed? (vv.18-21)
- Are there parts of the Body of Christ that are not important? (vv.22-24)
- What do verses 25-26 tell us about how the body should take care of each of its members?
Show God’s Word
- Have you ever broken a bone or hurt a part of your body? What did you injure? Did you have to walk funny or be careful carrying things?
- Just like our bodies, God specifically chose and created different members (people) of the Church, the Body of Christ and gave them different gifts to use in serving one another. Why do you think it is important to have different people in the Church who can do different things?
- Think about the people at church you see serving. What are the different teams you see at church? Does everyone do the same thing, or do different people have different gifts and roles?
Apply God’s Word
- Who is someone at church that you have seen serving God with the gifts and talents He has given them? (Hint: Could be the person in the parking lot, saying hi to you when you come inside, the people making the lights and sound work, or the Pastor sharing God’s Word with you). How can you thank them for doing their part in the body to help us all worship God together?
- Take some time now to pray and thank God for using others in His church, then take some time to ask God to show you what your gifts and talents are, and how you can use them to serve in the church. (No matter how old you are, God can use you in His church!).
- We can learn more about the different gifts God gives His people and how He can use them, by reading the Bible. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize 1 Corinthians 12:27 to remind you that everyone who follows Jesus is part of His church, and every person has an important place in it! “Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.”
- Have you ever made the decision to put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour? To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.