Virtual Hope Kids - March 12, 2022
Build Others Up
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read Luke 10:25-37 then answer these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- What is a parable?
- What does God’s Word say the lawyer needed to do to have eternal life? (v. 27)
- In Jesus’ parable, what happened to the man on the road? (v. 30)
- Based on the video, did the Jewish man think that the priest and the Levite (an assistant to the priest) were going to help him? Why or why not?
- What did the priest and Levite actually do? (vv.31-32)
- Samaritans (from Northern Israel) were not liked by the Jews (from Southern Israel)! Based on the video, did the Jewish man think that the Samaritan would help him? Why or why not?
- What did the Samaritan actually do for the Jewish man? (vv. 33-35)
- Answer Jesus’ question in verse 36, “Which of these three (the priest, Levite, or Samaritan), do you think, proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?” (Hint: vs. 37!)
Show God’s Word
- Has someone ever done something nice to you, to encourage you and build you up? What was it?
- What does the parable of the good Samaritan teach us about who we should love and encourage? Should we love everyone? Why or why not?
- It’s easy to love and encourage people who are nice to us, but it’s harder to love and encourage people who have been mean to us. Do you think it would have been easier for the Samaritan man to walk by the Jewish man or to help him?
Apply God’s Word
- Who is someone you know that you can love and encourage this week? What can you say to them or do for them to show them God’s love?
- Take some time now to pray and thank God for loving you, even when you sin. Thank Him also for Jesus’ example, and ask Him to help you love God and love others better.
- We can learn more about how to love and encourage others, by reading the Bible. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Romans 12:16 to remind you that just as Jesus loves and cares for every person, no matter what they do wrong, so too should we love and care for others! “Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight.”
- Have you ever made the decision to put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour? To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.