Virtual Hope Kids - February 5, 2022
What is the Bible About?
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
What is the Bible About?
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read Mark 16:15 then discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters in this passage?
- Who is the “he” in this verse?
- Who is He talking to?
- What is He asking the people to do?
- What is the Gospel? (Hint: Romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:8, 10:13, 10:9-10)
- Is the Gospel offered to everyone? Why or why not?
Show God’s Word
- What is the most important thing you have ever told someone else? How did you tell them? Were you excited? Did you tell them as much about it as you could?
- Based off of the video today, answer these questions;
- What was the world like before sin entered into it? (Genesis 1:31)
- What was the world like after sin entered into it?(Genesis 6:5-6)
- Who did God send into the world? (John 3:16)
- Why did God send Him into the world? (John 3:16-18)
- What is our mission today? (Mark 16:15)
- If someone asked you what the Bible is about, what would you say?
Apply God’s Word
- If you were to tell someone the Gospel, what would you say? Write out the Gospel below in a few sentences and/or share the Gospel with someone in your house.
- Who is someone you know that needs to hear the Gospel? A friend? A family member? A grocery store worker? Take some time now to pray for them and ask God to help you be bold and complete the mission of telling them the Gospel.
- We can grow in our knowledge of the Bible by reading the Bible. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize Mark 16:15 to remind you of the mission God has called each of us to be a part of, “And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.”
- Have you ever made the decision to put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour? To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.