Virtual Hope Kids - February 26, 2022
When Should I Worship?
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
When Should I Worship?
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Acts 16:20b-30 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read Acts 16:10, 20b-30, then answer these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- What were Paul and Silas doing that led others to arrest them? (Acts 16:10)
- What happened to Paul and Silas before they were sent to prison? (vv. 22-23)
- What did Paul and Silas do after they were put in prison? (v.25)
- What happened when Paul and Silas worshipped and celebrated God in prison? (v.26)
- How did God use Paul and Silas to save the Jailer? (vv.27-30)
Show God’s Word
Psalm 145:2 “Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever.”
- What is worship?
- How do we worship?Look up the following verses for many of the ways God says we can worship Him. ( Psalm 46:10, Ephesians 5:19, Psalm 85:1, Acts 16:25, Psalm 150:4, Colossians 3:1-2, 1 Cor. 10:31)
- What can we learn from Paul and Silas about when we should worship God? (Hint: Psalm 145:2)
Apply God’s Word
- Is it easier to worship God when you feel good or when you feel bad? Why is it important to worship God no matter how we feel?
- What is one way you can worship God more each day this week? (Check out your list in question 4 to help you!)
- One way we can worship God is to spend time with Him in prayer and in reading His Word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize Psalm 145:2 to remind yourself to worship God every day, whether it feels like a good day or a bad day, we should always worship God!; “Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever.”
- We worship God because He is perfect and Holy and He loves us! And His greatest showing of His love has ALREADY been given to us when He gave us Jesus as our Saviour. God gave us this gift of love, but have you received it? God’s good gift to us is Jesus and God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.