Virtual Hope Kids - February 04, 2022
I Am Famous
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
I Am Famous
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading John 1:43-51 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- What is the title of this Bible section? What does it mean when it says Jesus “calls”?
- Who did Jesus look for in Galilee? (v.43)
- Who did Philip look for after Jesus found him? (v.45)
- Jesus was known in Galilee, He was famous. What did Philip and Nathaniel know about Jesus before they met Him? (v.45)
- What did Jesus know about Nathaniel, even before they met face to face? (v.47)
- What was so amazing about what Jesus said in verse 48?
- How did Nathaniel respond to being known by Jesus? (v.49)
- What did Jesus say Nathaniel would see now that he believed in Him? (v. 51)
Show God’s Word
- People are famous when they are known. Think about someone who is famous. What are they famous for?
- What does it mean to be “famous” in God’s eyes? (Hint: John 10:27, Jeremiah 1:5, Luke 12:4-7)
- Are we known by God because of something we did or because of what God did?
Apply God’s Word
- Do you believe that God knows you? What scriptures remind you that He knows you and loves you?
- What are some ways you can know God better? What is one thing you can do this week to learn more about God?
- Take time this week to memorize Jeremiah 1:5 to help you remember that God has always known you. It says, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
- We can learn about God’s love for us and grow in our love for Him as we read His Word. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to grow in your love for God by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- God knows us, but do you know Him? When we know who He is and what He has done for us our whole life changes. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.