Virtual Hope Kids - December 31, 2022
Body of Christ
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Body of Christ
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Acts 2:42-47 & 1 Corinthians 12:12-30 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Take a look in your Bible at Acts 2:42-47
- What does the title “The Fellowship of Believers” mean? Who are they?
- What did the believers do? (v. 42, 45-47)
- Who was together? Was it everyone or just some of the believers? (v.44)
- How did God use the faithful example of His people living this way? (v. 47b)
Show God’s Word
1 Corinthians 12:27 says, “Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.”
- Imagine your own body. How many different parts does it have? Do they all do the same things? Do you think if you were missing parts of it that it would be working properly? (ex-if you had hands but no feet!)
- Just like our bodies, God specifically chose and created different members (people) of the Church, the Body of Christ and gave them different gifts to use in serving one another. Why do you think it is important to have different people in the Church who can do different things?
- What are some of the gifts or talents you have that you can serve in the Church with?
Apply God’s Word
- Each member of the body of Christ has a gift to share in the church. One way we can know what God has gifted us with is by asking other members of the Body of Christ what skills and gifts they see in you. Take some time today to ask your parents, guardians, or siblings what skills and gifts they see in you. Write them down below.
- Take time this week to memorize 1 Corinthians 12:27 to help you remember that you God has handpicked you to be a part of His Body. It says, “Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.”
- God’s Word is full of stories about His church. Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to learn about the Body of Christ by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We can be members of the Body of Christ when we know who He is and what He has done for us. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.