Virtual Hope Kids - December 03, 2022
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read God’s Word
- Spend time reading Matthew 28:16-20 with your family.
Explain God’s Word
- Read Matthew 28:16-20, then answer these questions;
- ‘Disciple’ (v. 16) means ‘follower’. What does it mean to follow Jesus?
- When the disciples see Jesus, what do they do? (v. 17)
- In v. 18, ‘Authority’ means ‘absolute power over all things’. Who gives us the power we need to make disciples? (v. 18)
- Who are we to make disciples of? (v.19)
- Who is with us when we go make disciples? (v.20)
- Based on your answers above, what is the Great Commission?
Show God’s Word
- Remember the last time you learned how to do something new--like how to use a yo-yo, ride a bike, or play an instrument? Were you excited to tell others about it? Who did you tell about it? Did you show them what you learned?
- Learning a new skill and telling others about it, is great; but how does knowing that God tells you to tell others about Jesus and what He has done for you, change what is most important for you to share with others?
Apply God’s Word
- Have you ever been afraid to tell someone else about Jesus (ie-family member, friend, etc)? Why or why not? How does knowing Jesus has all authority and power to help you, give you faith and confidence to share the gospel with others?
- Who is one person that you could tell about Jesus this week? Go for it!
- Take time this week to memorize Matthew 28:19-20 to help you remember what God has called you to do and the power He has given you to do it!, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
- We can’t share with others what Jesus has done for us if we don’t know all of the things He has saved us from! Use the Grow Up in Christ week planner to learn all about what Jesus has done, by spending time in His Word, in prayer, and in helping others to grow in their faith too. Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- We can share God’s story with others when we remember what He has done and that He is with us always. God made it possible for us to be disciples when God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. Through Jesus, we can understand God’s Word and approach God with confidence in prayer, when we are His disciples. To be a disciple of Jesus, we must give up our lives and become like Him! How can we do this? We first must repent of our sin and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.