Virtual Hope Kids - August 13, 2022
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Spend time reading John 4:7-24 with your family.
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- Why was it weird for a Jew to talk to a Samaritan (and a woman!)? (vv.7-9)
- Did the Samaritan woman know who she was talking to? (v.10)
- What is living water? (vv.10, 13-14)
- Did the Samaritan woman understand what the living water was? (v.15)
- What does Jesus’ knowledge of the woman’s husband’s tell us about Jesus? (vv.16-19)
- Does Jesus say that true worship has to be done in a certain physical place? (vv. 20-21)
- What does Jesus tell us about who we worship? (v. 22)
- What does Jesus tell us about how we will worship? (v.23-24)
Show God’s Word
- How do you worship at home? School? Church?
- What are some different expressions of worship that you have seen before (ex-eyes closed, hands raised, etc)?
- John 4:24 says “But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.” What does it mean to worship in spirit? What does it mean to worship in truth?
- What does God care about most in our worship of Him: The place we worship in or the heart we worship with?
Apply God’s Word
- What is a way you can try to worship God this week that you’ve never tried before?
- Take some time now to pray and ask God to help you worship Him in this new way this week!
- One of the greatest ways we can grow in our worship of God is to spend time with God in prayer and in reading His Word. The Bible is FUEL FOR OUR FAITH! The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word in the wisdom and power that He gives us! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need, to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize John 4:23 to remember to worship God in Spirit and in truth! “But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.”
- We worship God because He sent His only Son Jesus Christ to die for our sins. To become a follower of Jesus, you have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.