Virtual Hope Kids - April 30, 2022
Learn from Leaders
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Learn from Leaders
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read 1 Kings 12:1-15 then answer these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- Who went to King Rehoboam? (vv. 2-3)
- Why did they go to speak to Rehoboam? (v.4)
- Who did King Rehoboam speak to, to get advice about what to do with the Isrealites? (vv.6 & 10)
- What did the wise men tell Rehoboam to do? (v. 7)
- What did his friends tell him to do? (v.11-12)
- Who did King Rehoboam listen to? (vv. 8, 13)
- What happened because Rehoboam listened to his friends, and not the wise leaders? (v.16)
Show God’s Word
- Is it always easy to listen to the leaders in our life (like your mom, dad, grandparent, church leaders)? When do you find it hard to listen to them?
- Where do wise leaders get their wisdom from?
- What does the Bible say a good leader is like? How does Jesus show us that He is the best leader? (Hint: John 14:1-7; Mark 10:45; Matthew 23:11-12)
Apply God’s Word
- Who are the leaders in your life that you can turn to for help and wisdom?
- Is there something you need help figuring out? Take some time now to pray and ask God for wisdom from His Word for what you should do. Then share with your parents or caregivers so they can share God’s Word with you, pray for you and help you.
- The main way we get wisdom is by reading the Bible. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word in the wisdom He gives us! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize Proverbs 1:8 to remind you that God gives us leaders who have wisdom to teach us, “Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and forsake not your mother's teaching,”
- Have you ever made the decision to put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour? To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.