Virtual Hope Kids - April 23, 2022
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read 1 Kings 3:3-15 then answer these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- What was Solomon’s relationship with God like? (vv3-4)
- What happened to Solomon while at Gibeon? What did God offer him? (v5)
- What did Solomon ask for? Why? (vv. 7-9)
- What did God think of Solomon’s request? (v.10)
- Did God give Solomon what he asked for? (vv. 11-12)
- Did God give Solomon more than what he asked for? Why or why not? (vv. 13-14)
Show God’s Word
- When you have a question or a problem, who do you usually go to first for help? Why?
- Based on what you read in 1 Kings, who should we go to first when we have a choice to make or a problem to solve? Why?
- What are some ways God has given us to seek Him for wisdom? Use the verses below to help guide your answers…
- Psalm 119:105-
- James 1:5-
- Proverbs 24:6-
Apply God’s Word
- Is there a choice or problem in your life that you need to ask God for help with? What is it?
- Ask your parents for help looking up a Bible passage to help you get wisdom for the problem you wrote down in question 4. Take some time now to pray and ask God for wisdom in what you should do.
- We can get wisdom by reading the Bible. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize James 1:5 to remind you that God gives us wisdom and we can always go to Him! “ If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
- Have you ever made the decision to put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour? To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.