Virtual Hope Kids - April 16, 2022
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read Luke 24:13-27, then discuss these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters in this passage?
- Who did the two disciples meet on their walk? (v.15)
- Why didn’t the disciples recognize Jesus? (v.16)
- Why were the disciples sad? (vv. 21-24)
- What did Jesus teach the disciples about why He suffered? (vv.26-27)
- What did Jesus use to teach them? (v.27)
Show God’s Word
- When was the last time you were sad or felt bad for yourself? What was going on?
- Why did Jesus suffer? Was it pointless? (Hint: Luke 24:26)
- Was it a surprise that Jesus suffered? Why or Why not?
- Why can we trust Jesus to help us have joy and hope even when we suffer? (Hint: Hebrews 4:15)
Apply God’s Word
- Why was Jesus’ rising from the grave so important? What did He accomplish?
- When we are focused on our suffering and forget about Jesus we feel bad for ourselves (self pity), and it is hard to have hope and joy. What truths can help you remember to look to Jesus and trust Him when you are suffering? (Hint: Psalm 63:3-4, 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, James 1:2-4, John 15:10-11)
- Jesus knows our sufferings and can give us joy and hope, because He has risen from the grave and defeated sin and death! But we can’t know Jesus’ comfort, joy, and hope if we don’t know and believe His Word and what it teaches us about Jesus. When we know the truth we realize we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.
- Jesus is our comforter, joy, and hope, and He leads us through His Word. We can know Jesus more by praying and reading His word. Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Hebrews 12:1b-2 to remember to look to Jesus and His example in our suffering so we can have hope and joy in Him! “...and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Happy Easter! Jesus Has Risen!