Virtual Hope Kids - April 9, 2022
Learn God’s Way
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
Learn God’s Way
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read Matthew 7:24-27 then answer these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- Who will be like the man who built his house on the rock? (v.24)
- What happens to the house on the rock when it is stormy? (v.25)
- Who will be like the man who built his house on the sand? (v.26)
- What happens to the house on the sand when it is stormy? (v.27)
- What does the rock represent in this story?
Show God’s Word
- Have you ever built something really cool? What was it? What did you build it out of?
- If you were building a house, would you rather build it on the sand or on rock? Why?
- List some ways that the rock of God’s Word give our lives a firm foundation?
Apply God’s Word
- How do we build our lives on God’s Word? What do you think your life would look like if it was built on God’s Word (list a few ideas)?
- What are two things you can do this week to build your life on God’s Word and grow in wisdom (list these below)? Ask your parents to help support you doing these this week!
- We can learn more about how to build our lives on the rock, by reading the Bible. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word in His power! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Take time this week to memorize Proverbs 3:6 to remind you to look to God and follow His ways in everything you do! “In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your paths.”
- Have you ever made the decision to put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour? To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God and be welcomed into His family, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.