Virtual Hope Kids - April 2, 2022
God Welcomes Everyone
Step 1: Sing the Songs
Step 2: Memorize the Word Together
Step 3: Watch the Teaching Together
Step 4: Discuss the Teaching Together
God Welcomes Everyone
Read and Explain God’s Word
- Read Acts 10:9-29 then answer these questions;
- What is the title of this passage in the Bible?
- Who are the main characters?
- Are there any words or phrases that are repeated? What are they?
- What happened to Peter when he was on the rooftop praying? (vv.9-10)
- What did Peter see and hear in his trance? Who was speaking to him? (vv. 11-16)
- Where did Peter go after his trance? Who did he go to see? How did he know God wanted Him to go? (vv. 17-24)
- Was Cornelius Jewish? (v. 22)
- According to the video, did Peter think that God would welcome non-Jewish people?
- What does God teach Peter about who He welcomes into His kingdom? (vv. 28-29)
Show God’s Word
- Have you ever met someone new? How do you get to know them? What kinds of questions do you ask?
- In Acts 10:15 God says to Peter 3 times, “What God has made clean do not call common”. What does God mean?
- Does God welcome all different kinds of people? Look at these passages to find out!
- Mark 2:13-17
- John 4:9-10
- Matthew 8:2-3
Apply God’s Word
- Who is someone that you have seen at school or church that you don’t know very well? What are some steps you can take this week to get to know them and welcome them to your school or to our church?
- Take some time now to pray and ask God to help you welcome all people and to love them just like He loves them!
- We can learn more about how to welcome and love others like Jesus did by reading the Bible. The more we know God’s Word, the better we can live out God’s Word! Use the Grow Up In Christ planner and schedule the time you need to spend time with Jesus. Remember- as you get close to Him, He will get close to you and give you the strength you need to live faithfully! Share your plan with your family, friends, and the Hope Kids team (email@example.com)
- Take time this week to memorize Acts 10:34-35 to remind you that God welcomes everyone into His church- and so should we! “So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.”
- Have you ever made the decision to put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour? To become a believer in Jesus, we have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Saviour. God sent His only Son, Jesus, to come to earth and die for our sins, so we can be saved and have a personal relationship with Him. To accept this gift from God and be welcomed into His family, we must believe that Jesus died for us so that we can be God’s child too. We first must repent of our sin (turn away from it) and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do this, we put our faith in Him as our Lord and Saviour. If you want to begin a personal relationship with Him, and put your faith in Him alone, all you need to do is;
- A_______ (Admit) that you have done wrong and ask God to forgive you for disobeying Him.
- B_______ (Believe) that God sent Jesus to take the punishment for your sin. Trust that you are forgiven because Jesus made you right with God.
- C______ (Choose) to spend your whole life depending on God’s power to help you say no to sin, and to worship God only. Rely on God to help you tell others that God is your leader and the most important person in your life.